Tuesday, December 22, 2015

(EPI.2) DIY "FAUX" WOOD GRAIN BREAD DOUGH BEADS



Hi Friends!!
As Promised here is the information for the:
BREAD DOUGH BEADS!!
I will be posting the WOOD FINISH RECIPE In another Blog Post due to the fact I feel this DOES Warrant its OWN Video. I will be following up and posting one hopefully before the end of this year (just a few days :-)  )
In the Video you can follow along as the recipe is simply white bread, about 5 slices of bread to equal 4 ounces worth, some Dish Washing Liquid, and then some Simple White School Glue!! The just of the recipe is really NOT a recipe, but a Guideline....Simply take off the crusts and discard them or use them to create your tan and color of dough. Add in a Good Drizzle of Glue, a small Drizzle of Liquid Soap and some coloring if you you want and MAYBE A dot or two of water. Just hand mix together until you make dough!! You can add more bread crumbs if it is to wet, or add more glue or water if it is to dry!! Add in food coloring or organic root powder for coloring, some even use poster paint :-).
So now, you make whatever kinds of bead or jewlery as desired. In my video I show you HOW to make a Wood Grain Bead that can be attached to a Wooden Handle for those who like to do wooden projects. My BIG Tip is that you will NEED To remember that the beads Do dry overnight or so.....but that they reduce in size...like allot!!! So if you want to make a bead like for placing onto a necklace, make the hole LARGER Than expected or needed. Also, if you want to make a Bead for your Wooden Handle, I suggest wrapping the handle with LOTS Of Waxed Paper so that when you wrap the dough around it to get the size you need....the wax paper will act as a HELP to you, so that you do NOT make your bead too small. This way, after you let it dry around the wax paper over night, take the bead off of the handle, then take the bead and RE Place it BACK onto the Handle, and continue to let it dry yet another 24 Hours. The bead will continue to shrink, just enuf to "fit" just perfectly around your handle....WALLA!!! :-)

I hope this helps, and feel free to contact me at my Email for A QUICKER Response!! I aim to help where I can :-)
KnowWhatMomKnows@Gmail.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment